Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Over the rainbow

Ken's not the chirpiest fellow in the office. But then his research project is to do with inventing perpetual motion, so it's no wonder work gets him down.

Our office is off to play rounders as a team against a load of other university teams. I throw my stuff into a bag, and notice Ken still sitting at his desk, playing with a piece of rainbow coloured string.

"Come on Ken, we've gotta go..."

I carry on sorting my stuff out and am ready a minute later. Ken's still sitting at his desk with his bit of string.

"Dude, we're gonna be late." I say, "What are you doing??"

Ken slowly spins his office chair round to face me and reluctantly dangles his rainbow coloured string in front of me, with a look of desperation and loathing... he's tied himself a mini hang-man's noose.

No comments: